Palo Alto, Starnberg, 16./25. Nov. 2015 - HPE 3PAR StoreServ All-Flash-Systeme und StoreOnce Data Protection zur Rechenzentrums–Modernisierung…
Zum Hintergrund: Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) kündigte neue HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storagelösungen zur schnellen und vereinfachten Migration von Altsystemen auf die neuen All-Flash-Systeme an. HPE integriert zudem 3PAR StoreServ mit seinen HPE StoreOnce- und StoreEver-Lösungen für Data Protection & Retention. Nachfolgend finden Sie aus Aktulitätsgründen den gekürzten Orginal-Ankündigungstext des Herstellers in englischer Sprache:
"...Organizations adopting flash are also reducing storage footprint by up to 85 percent as they move away from spinning disks in favor of this higher density media.[i] In fact, IDC reported that the impact flash-based arrays will have on the data center is undeniable as more flash platforms deliver enterprise-class data services, including snapshots, clones, encryption, replication, and quality of service.[ii]
- HPE 3PAR StoreServ delivers all of these data services and has a recently updated his flash portfolio... starting at $19K.[v] Today’s announcements help legacy storage users migrate more quickly to flash while reducing risk
- Earlier this month, the Storage Performance Council published a new world record SPC-2 result for the 3PAR StoreServ 20850 all-flash array… [vi] HPE is introducing new 3PAR StoreServ products, solutions, and services
- 3PAR Flash Acceleration for Oracle – HPE validated solution that boosts database performance up to 75 percent[vii] while enabling legacy systems to remain in place. These flash arrays can be placed for half the cost[viii] versus upgrading the legacy storage systems
- 3PAR Online Import software – A free, 12-month license for customers looking to move off hard disk drive (HDD)-bound legacy storage via simple, five-step migration from EMC, HDS, and now IBM XIV storage
- Support for 3D NAND drives – Support for this new solid state drive (SSD) technology enables customers to accelerate application performance with a low incremental investment Lowering cost with flash-ready unified storage and next-gen active archive
HPE also announced new solutions to help customers as they move away from traditional backup silos in favor of flash array- and application- integrated data protection, including an entirely new lineup of entry and mid-range HPE StoreOnce Systems. With up to 2.7 times more performance[xii] and up to twice the density of the competition,[xiii] these new StoreOnce models are priced at under $0.05 per usable gigabyte (GB) of logical capacity[xiv] and support native integration with Oracle, SAP, Microsoft, Veeam, and Veritas applications to improve performance, reduce network bandwidth, and eliminate dedicated backup management.
- New StoreOnce models include application-integrated snapshot offload capabilities from 3PAR StoreServ via StoreOnce Recovery Manager Central (RMC) software. Already integrated with VMware, RMC software now enables the rapid creation and movement of Microsoft SQL snapshots directly from the 3PAR StoreServ array to any StoreOnce backup target via unique HPE Express Protect technology.
- Featuring deep VMware vCenter and Microsoft SQL Studio management integration, this solution reduces risk by allowing users to move data to a secondary storage tier, reduces cost by eliminating licenses for dedicated ISV backup software, and improves agility by accelerating backup and recovery. With the added integration of Data Protector and RMC, customers gain advanced virtual machine recovery options, granular item recovery, and the ability to utilize tiers such as tape and cloud for efficient long-term retention..."
Abb.1: Bildquelle Hewlett Packard Enterprise, 3PAR StoreServ
Quellenangabe (Auszug): Hewlett Packard Enterprise
[i] HPE internal analysis; as compared to EMC VMAX 400K with 12 PB of capacity (representing a mix of 90% HDDs and 10% SSDs.
[ii] Flash-Based Array Market Proving to Be More Than Just a Flash in the Pan as Market Soars Past $11 Billion in 2014, IDC Says, January 2015,
[iii] HPE 3PAR StoreServ 20850 demonstrated 62,844.45 SPC-2™ MBPS , $19.93/SPC-2™ MBPS Price Performance, current as of November 16, 2015.
[vi] Storage Performance Council published a new world record SPC-2 result for the 3PAR StoreServ 20850 all-flash array
[v] All-flash HPE 3PAR StoreServ 8000 Storage systems are available worldwide, orderable immediately, with US street pricing starting from $19,479.
[vii] Based on HPE internal testing, August 2015.
[viii] Wikibon, November 2015.